Every student’s journey includes their Student Support Team. Academic Advisors and Success Coaches guide our students every step of the way and provide a personal and educational support. Our students can count on their team for help.
Regular attendance is important to the education process and supports student success and achievement. Instructors will discuss attendance and tardiness requirements for each workshop or course. Student guidelines for attendance:
- Notify REI and/or the workshop/course instructor if student will be absent
- Instructor may consider a student absent if they are more than 15 minutes late to class
- Students missing one or more classes can be dropped from the workshop/course
Code of Conduct
The Student Code of Conduct addresses attendance, participation, and behavior standards for all students at the Recovery Education Institute (REI). Students are responsible for regulating their own conduct and for respecting the rights and privileges of others. Students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner compatible with the function of REI as an educational institution and respect and obey all civil and criminal laws.
Library Lab Polices
Library Lab Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
REI hosts many resources including our Student Government, textbooks, computer lab, and library/study room.
Use of all technology resources on campus are reserved only for active students, who are currently enrolled in classes and workshops at REI.
Books/DVDs may be borrowed from REI and are required to remain on the REI campus. All books/DVDs must be checked out at the front desk. Students are required to provide one form of valid state-issued identification when borrowing a book. Identification will be returned to the student upon return of the borrowed materials the same day. Students are responsible for returning all borrowed materials after the allotted time. If a book/DVD is not returned, the student will not be permitted to check out books/DVDs for the remainder of the semester, and possibly the following semesters.
Classrooms and Campus Behavior
Students are expected to:
- Wear photo ID while on campus
- Be respectful toward staff and students at all times. Behaviors that are perceived as disruptive, profane, vulgar, harassing, threatening, or abusive are not permitted.
- Smoke only in designated areas
The following are strictly prohibited while on the REI campus:
- Cheating, plagiarism, and copying from another student's test, paper, or other academic assignment
- The possession or use of any firearms, explosives, dangerous chemicals, weapons, or other potentially harmful implements/substances
- Use, possession, or distribution of alcoholic beverage and/or illegal narcotics/drugs
- Performing obscene or inappropriate acts
Any disruptive or disrespectful behaviors, or those behaviors perceived by others as disruptive or disrespectful, will be swiftly addressed by REI staff. Failure to comply may result in suspension and/or termination as an REI student.